You can change your Gmail account password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it and unable to login. Your Gmail Account password is used to access many other Google products, like Gmail and YouTube.
Change your Gmail password
- Log – in to My Gmail Account.
- Under “Sign-in & security Tab,” Click to select Signing in to Google.
- Click to Choose Gmail account Password. If you see a prompt to log- in again, log in.
- Enter your new password, and then select Change Gmail Password.
Important: If you’re running Mobile Android 5.1 and up, you need to wait almost 24 hours after changing your Google password to do a factory reset. Learn how to protect your device.
Reset your Google password
- Go to the Account support Web page.
- Follow the given instructions. You’ll be asked some questions to confirm it’s your email account and an email will be sent to you. If you don’t get a mail:
- Check your Spam folder or Bulk Mail folders.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book.
- Request another email.
- Check all email addresses you might’ve used to sign up or sign in email account.
Fix problems with your password
If you’re having trouble resetting your password or can’t sign in to your account, get more help.