If you get an error, when you’re using email, like “Temporary – Error,” or “Oops,” You can fix this issue by following the above steps.
“No connection Error”
If you are receiving such kind of error on your iPhone or iPad device, try the following steps:
- First you should make sure you’re connected to the web.
- Close this app, and then reopen it.
- Sign out from the Gmail, and then sign back in.
Resolve “Temporary error”
In case you’re seeing an “Impermanent Error (502)” message when you attempt to sign into Gmail, your mail is incidentally inaccessible. This mistake for the most part leaves rapidly, so have a go at marking in again in almost no time. Despite the fact that you can’t sign in for the occasion, your messages and individual data are as yet sheltered.
“Oops” or other error
If you’re getting any of these kinds’ errors, or a different one that isn’t listed here, try the steps below to fix the Gmail issue:
- “Bad Request error: Your client has issued a deformed or illegal request”
- “Oops” (602, 500, 102, 009, 103)